Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Not Much To Say Today

So, today I have not done very much in the way of planning anything for my trip. I looked into getting a passport to travel when the time comes. Apparently they last for 10 years until you need to renew one. That's quite a bit longer than I thought originally haha. :) So they also cost somewhere in the vicinity of 200 dollars for one. I also found out that you need a visa to travel to quite a few countries as well as a passport. That's slightly disconcerting all things considered because it will already cost me quite a sum to get everything else and a multiple entry tourist visa to go to china seems to be about 150 dollars or so which isn't bad but add a visa for every country I plan on visiting? That seems like it would add up really really quick. It's too bad I couldn't get a worldwide super visa for every country haha. That would probably take 5 years or so to even get cleared for it though since I'd have to apply for every country lol. My goodness I didn't think just traveling would be so costly but I guess it's not as bad as it could be. First off, it would seem, is to get a passport and photos. Even starting to get this kind of thing situated is making my head hurt. You need a visa here, here and there too. No, you don't need one there but there you do. Blah blah blah. It's a good thing that I only plan on circulating through the united states first and then traveling the globe. Otherwise I'd be overwhelmed and wouldn't ever want to leave my little state even...

Yesterday I went and got a few books about bicycle touring to get a slightly better idea on everything. I got an Adventure Cycling book of their Lewis and Clark trail to see how much their map goes on highway and from just skimming through it, it seems they have a lot of highway places. I'm not looking forward to looking for off the beaten path trails that would keep me off those busy roads... I seriously want to go on as many back road path I can. Getting run over by an uncaring trucker or other vehicle is not the way I want to go out...

No comments:

Post a Comment