Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day Was Pretty Good.

So, today I had my first day at my new job. It wasn't that bad. Turns out we are putting massive amounts of dry mixture into a huge blender. Like, 1200 pounds or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Today was an extremely slow day over there and I didn't do much. I had a lot of down time sitting down... It wasn't that bad considering I learned quite a bit about what I'll be doing there but I also know that there will be days that I won't ever have a break. Maybe that won't happen often but I'm sure it'll be at least a weekly occurrence. Either way, I think this job still won't be very difficult. Also, getting there at 5 or 6 in the morning and possibly getting off at 2 or 3 is much better than my last job.

I seriously want to get my bike so I hope to get a lot of overtime the next few weeks. I am very excited to have a job that I can make the money I need to go on this trip. Who knows? Maybe it won't be a few years until I go. All I seriously need are a tent, bike, sleeping bag, clothes a map and food right? Honestly those things themselves won't take long at all to get. I could go to Walmart right now and get the sleeping bag, tent and food if I wanted to. But I don't because I want the stuff to last more than a week. If anyone has any suggestions for me to go sooner, please share in the comments. I'd love to go as soon as possible but I know that I need a few worthwhile items before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment