Thursday, July 25, 2013

Not a Bad Day! :)

So, today was actually a good day. My back didn't hurt very much because I didn't do much. I have another interview tomorrow! I'm so happy that my life, even though yesterday after hurting my back felt like it was going the wrong way, is still going in a happy direction. I watched the last episode of Supernatural too again because I didn't want it to end yet. It's still on TV but I don't watch TV. The only time I do, is when I watch the news in the mornings with my dad or in the evening when we're all sitting down eating. I just don't like it. Yup, I'm weird because I do watch some shows on Netflix every now and again if I get super into them, but most of the time I'm researching things on my computer.

 How to speak Chinese was something I was looking into today. It's supposed to be one of the hardest languages to learn if your first language is English. Japanese is the most difficult from what I've heard. I decided to learn Mandarin because if I can learn that language, I can learn most I'm sure. I know a bit of Spanish pero todavĂ­a soy aprendiendo. I've found a few places online that teach multiple languages for free and I'm trying to learn what I can but I can already see that it will be slow going. I'm not going to learn quickly because Mandarin's such a drastic change from English. I don't know which I should learn first, the ways to speak it or how to write it. I'm pretty sure speaking it will be much easier for now though.

I signed up for a couchsurfing account today too! I'll probably be updating my profile on there tomorrow when I feel like getting it set up lol. I think, if I keep my phone going for the entire time I am on the trip in the U.S., then I can find a lot of people that could help me out. I'm not going to jump headfirst into it though because I will need to build a bit of a profile first I think. So, for now, I think I'll meet the people on there in the area that I live and see what they have to say and talk to them about my trip coming up. I can't wait to go on this journey to discover myself. :) Maybe I'll meet some people later and travel with them too, maybe I'll just meet people on the way. Whatever happens, I know that this will be an experience to remember and tell everyone back home if/when I come back to stay or for visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment