Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Alrighty Then! General Trip Outline Thoughts Today.

Hello again everyone! I was thinking about where I want to go all day yesterday and this morning. Yeah, it's not as easy as I thought it would be planning where to go first in the United States. I thought about it though, and I want to get to Florida first. I really want to go see my grandmother as recently she was diagnosed with cancer. It's treatable though hopefully. I don't remember what kind of cancer she was diagnosed with but the possibility that it's treatable though? I really hope that's a good sign.

 So, first off on the list, Gulf Breeze, Florida. I'll probably stop at a few relative's places in Missouri and Alabama on the way but for sure, that is the beginning destination. From there, I plan to go up the coast to Maine probably. That or go further south and make it to the southeastern most tip of Florida to dip my bike. It's something I thought of yesterday, going to the corners of the US except for Hawaii or Alaska yet, to say I went all around the United States of America on a bicycle. Sure, I know I'll probably get a ride here or there but who cares about that? In general, I'll be riding my bike the whole way. Next of course is across to Washington. From there down to California to my premier destination, the great redwood forests. After that, I plan to go back Northeast home to Carter Lake, Iowa for a bit. By that time, I'm sure I'll be missing my family a bit and they'll probably be missing me too.

 From there, I believe I'll find a way to make some money to go to Southeast Asia, as I hear it's an excellent place for a bicycle tour. I don't know how long this tour will take me, but I'm not worried about time as I plan to almost completely be camping where I need to, and being very self-sufficient. I don't want to need to rely on anyone for a handout but if it's offered, don't expect me to turn it down. I'm stubborn, not stupid. I plan on finding an odd job for a day here or a few days there and earn my way. That or heck, maybe couchsurfing.com would be an excellent help. With the helpfulness of people in general as well as my willingness to work as hard as necessary to make this possible, I don't believe I'll have any problems at all making this dream a reality. I'm here to show the world that even though I'm a 22 year old who doesn't have much experience in travel, no college degree under my belt or anywhere in the near future even perhaps, I can still make my dream to see the world become a reality. I'm here to show you that you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment