Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ugh Sometimes...

So, this morning I went on a drive to the library to take back some books, and when I was backing out, there was white/gray smoke coming out of my tailpipe... Now, I have a pretty good idea of what's wrong with a car if most things happen. I am assuming that this is the beginnings of a head gasket failure. I sincerely hope this isn't the case and it was just a one time thing because it didn't look like it was happening any other time throughout the drive. I know it's pretty much impossible to see white smoke when you're driving away from it and it's coming from so low to the ground. I just sincerely hope that it doesn't end up being anything major like a head gasket which I wouldn't have the money to fix for quite some time. I've got a couple of ideas of how to fix it or temporarily fix it anyway but it still might be a bit before I can put those plans into action. Even longer until they were completely done. So, I looked at how long it would take to go from my house to work and it looks like it may take a little more than a half hour to get there and the same back. That isn't bad and I could easily do it if I need to though. I don't want to really lose my car right now though because I'm just not ready to go everywhere on a bike. It would definitely help me get into shape for the trip but I'd also have a difficult enough time meeting any appointments and such if I have to ride everywhere. I'd probably be able to go even fewer places than I already can. So fingers crossed for the life of my car for now haha. For those of you who don't know, I drive a Chevy/Geo Metro 3 cylinder car. It's officially a Chevy being a '99 but they are originally Geo's. It gets me around 40 to 45 mpgs if I keep it at 55 mph and under which I usually do. It's not free to use but it's definitely much cheaper than most other cars on the road nowadays that I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment