Sunday, August 11, 2013

It Didn't Happen.

So, yesterday I was planning on going on kicking off a weekend long bicycle ride. It didn't happen. I ended up staying at a good friend's place and we hung out. We haven't done that in a while so it was pretty fun. We watched Hemlock Grove. If you don't know what that is, it's a Netflix original show. I loved it and for newer actors they didn't seem to do very bad. I think some of them were new at least. I recognized 3 faces from other shows/movies but can't remember what ones. The 2 main actors are, by their very nature, sworn enemies. One of them just doesn't know it's supposed to be that way and the other doesn't care. They start out suspicious of each other for various reasons but soon become really good friends. The reviews on Netflix are poor. I wouldn't have ever watched some of my favorite movies/shows if I followed reviews though so I don't pay attention to them most of the time. If you haven't seen it, I'd definitely recommend giving it a chance.

So, yeah we hung out and this morning hung out a bit more and I'm about to go on a bike ride right now to try to make up for the lost time. I might get 25 or 30 miles in today which would be nice but I don't plan on going over that. I just don't want it to take up my entire day. I cleaned up my dad's bike the other day too and that was fun. It's in relatively better shape than I originally thought. The chain needs replaced which will come very soon I hope. For a few days I think it will be fine and not destroy the teeth. Fingers are crossed. It switched gears really smoothly which I take as an excellent sign also and the brakes still work really well too. I see no rust on the frame. I replaced the front tube yesterday and it's good now. The hole looks like it was rubbing on the inside. It was right next to the valve stem and not really noticeable but oh well.

I had an incredible dream last night too. The problem is I don't remember it for the most part except for the fact that it was something that I really liked and had fun with. I tried going back to sleep when I woke up to try to continue it but my body was having none of that. So I woke up around 6 this morning and waited until my friend woke up then we just sat and talked for the most part. All in all, even though I didn't go on the trip like I planned, I still had an awesome weekend. How was everyone else's?

No comments:

Post a Comment